Name: Caiche (cai-shh)
A sly negotiator, adept manipulator, and black-market pirate, Caiche's life skirts barely on the side of lawful. Like a practiced worm, he weasels through legal loopholes and plausible deniability, always capable of producing excuses or exceptions for his underhanded work. And that work has almost no limits - Caiche's personal vessel is a fast little needle manned by a deeply-loyal crew, regularly zooming around the galaxy to pick up smuggled goods and ferry Caiche to "business" meetings. The Arcanas Council tolerates his antics in part due to having an "in" with the black market through Caiche and his ironfisted control of it, but that doesn't stop the others from distrusting him and his smug, self-important smiles.
Caiche's planet is Leren II, formed from the shards of Leren I - once Tiferet's planet, razed and salted and burned during the Artificial Revolution. Under Caiche's excellent supply deals and lack of morals, it has risen to become the scientific and technologic champion of the galaxy, and contributed heavily to the Divinity Council's research and attempt to bring forth a new Arcanas. Its closest ally remains Sorne, the resource-rich planet of Aernin - a fellow Arcanas who has had a "secret" romantic relationship with Caiche for eons now.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Lovers ♥
Ah, Aernin, that pitiful mess of a man. If you've never seen true desperation, then a single glimpse of Aernin's face will show you more than enough. But he is no fool - he is conniving, and orchestrates traps with a subtlety that Caiche can hardly find among the other Arcanas. Even he does not know the true extent of Aernin's network of influence - but he knows that it extends generously towards him, and that Aernin pulls many a string on his behalf. He maintains that their relationship is only for Caiche to get feed from, but the affection in his tone when he speaks to Aernin and his protectiveness if something goes wrong are plainly obvious.
Relationship: Friends :)
There's so much to say about Hearth, isn't there? The debates with him over Caiche's activities are always a verbal battle for the ages, and his power reaches further than one would expect from the old lawman of the Arcanas. They once had a brief fling - in which Caiche uncovered a well of loneliness deeper than he could fathom, but not so deep that he couldn't manipulate it. It's a shame Hearth caught on so quickly.
Relationship: Would-Be Charge
In all technicalities, this little Arcanas should've been his. Hearth contributed the vast majority of magic, granted, but the idea was that they'd share the bounty - and then some ridiculous legal technicality was pulled, and Caiche never saw the fruit of Leren II's efforts. Oh, but he had to still pay reparations out the ass for damage to the Well, of course! And Hearth's influence has obviously warped Triv into a neurotic, sheltered extension of his will, tragically.
Honestly? Caiche doesn't really give a shit that the Well spat something new out. Sure, he feels vindicated - his calculations were right, the Well was never broken - but Parsle as a person only interests him in that everyone else wants a slice of the new Arcanas, and the ability to control him would provide a helpful contrast to Hearth's power over Triv. You know, politics.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
Though annoying, Milli is more akin to a gnat than a threat. He revels in attention and adoration almost like a Zlimi - though he has a plethora of handservant Miras who shower him in affections, and a dedicated cult on his planet that includes him as an object of worship. So, hm, shall we say - it's just a bit funny that he still craves more... enough to keep asking Caiche for his chairman seat.
Oh yes, Caiche is so very sorry about Leren I. Of course a bloated trashheap like that was a precious little jewel of a world, deserving of preservation despite its complete and utter abandonment. Funny it threw Tif here into such a long bout of depression that he never remade the damn place!
- When he was younger, he ascribed to the Zlimi mentality of "find many people to feed off of" in the debate about getting feed. He'd hate to admit it, but Aernin is an ideal host and has shifted his opinion.
- Has at least three guns on him at any given time, usually more. Feels incredibly anxious if they're removed from him.
- Has shot Aernin multiple times, usually in the shoulder. True love?
- Gained his miscolored halo by consuming the magic of a Miras that Aernin killed and prepped for him. It's not well-known, however.
- Personal smell/taste is strawberries - a specific variety grown only on Leren II.
- Doesn't gamble, nor does he have any interest in drugs himself - he dislikes the feeling of not being in control. Aernin using the anti-membrane Zlimi gel on him is the sole exception.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Body is made of semi-opaque gel/slime, which he can control like clay. Usually only the tail drips a little.
- Wears normal fabric clothes, a faux-gold choker (spicy!), and has gold-painted bones stuck in his head as 'horns'.
- Please don't forget that his "fur" is two colors; that's not shading. Please note the diamond markings on his cheeks and ears, too.
- Pupils are shaped like cat slits, and don't widen at all.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!