Integral Circle Structure
Information / Art / Gallery
Race: n/a 🛈
God Spectrum: Magnitude Fragment 🛈
Modern Days E /
World: Magnitude Fragments
Link(s): Toyhouse / Artfight / Gallery
Playing Modern Days E...
The 'enforcer' of Pyatiugolnik's rules, glaring down at the Mags' resident dictators with crossed arms. Kolo alone stands as the roadblock between the egomaniacs and total world domination, and has done so for years, his cold exterior and lack of earthly connections integral to his position. Or, so he says.
In reality, Kolo is a shy, withdrawn nerd who writes self-insert fiction of himself and the other Mags, spending his free time adding more to his pantheon of stories. His acrid persona is half-built from childhood trauma and from his crushing responsibility complex, his only defense against his fear that the world will fall apart if he doesn't pour himself into fixing it.
But, time mends even the deepest wounds, and Kolo has slowly opened up to the others, sharing what happened to him at the hands of Bereave and emotionally connecting to his peers. Such change was jump-started by his budding relationship with Dijamant, his longtime crush and once the greatest source of his fear.
Though overcoming his personality disorder seems insurmountable, for once in his life, he feels safe enough to try.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Married, My Everything, Dia
Ah. Fuck. Where to start. Well, he could write a novel - he has written novels, actually. He's been infatuated with him for so long, like some forbidden fruit, tempation he couldn't partake in. And then Dij and Pya - and then there Dij was, courting him. It was surreal. It was everything he'd ever wanted. And they... Dij understands him, really understands him. Looks at him and knows him, knows what he wants, knows how to hold him and knows how to pin him down. It drives him insane. He's never felt so seen, so exposed - but it's exhilirating, it's incredible, it makes him sob in relief. He's just... himself, with Dij. Not wearing a mask, not acting as a puppet. Just Kolo, just himself, standing next to just Dij, just himself. It's devotion and love he can barely fathom....
Pere was never (and remains not) his ideal of friendship. He's a nosy selfish sociopath that only cares about his interests and how to extract those interests out of other people like a creepy voyeur. But, um, well, he's kind of nice to hang out in a room with and just... do their own things, separate but together. Pya's... like, sanded him down a little, and he seems better now that Dij is... more tolerable... too. That, of course, doesn't mean Kolo trusts Pere nearly a quarter as far as he can throw him (which, granted, is not that far).
He knows he fucked up Pya with responsibility and the weight of it. But it was an accident - offhand comments when they were so young, when - he'd rather not think about it. It aches. They've been in each other's lives for almost all of it, with Kolo serving as advisor, enforcer, voice of reason, protector, and support... but they're honestly not all that close, and probably never will be. They're not even really friends, are they? But they were the only person the other had for so long... he hopes Pere's taking care of him.
It's Kolo's job to keep Polum awake one day a week(ish) so he doesn't fully go down his dreamscape rabbit hole, and it's always... weird. Way back when the agreement was first made, Polum was always angry and snappy with him - and Kolo understood that; many people are snappy with him. But as time went on, Polum - seeing all of his memories through his dreams, and seeing Kolo in person once a week - warmed up to him dearly. Now he's greeted with a chipper grin and gleeful chatter, and it just feels... kind of nice, that someone's that happy to see him. He's still frosty towards Polum - it's hard to forgive the nightmares he cooks up - but maybe they could eventually somehow someday possibly perhaps potentially be friends. Maybe.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
The literal first other person he'd ever met, as the basis of the Mags - circle and line, the foundational shapes. There's a deep bond there, one that's hard to put a finger on. Kolo knows he can rely on Linija and is drawn to him, and knows Linija has pined after him for years - but neither of them are willing to push their worlds closer together. Does he even want to? Why's that such a hard question to answer? Is it just more comfortable to not risk anything, to stay as they are, distant but affectionate? ...Still, he knows he can rely on Linija for a handful of things - an impressive amount of trust for a recluse of his measure.
The Mags aren't supposed to touch the Original Timelines. It's law. Even the COR signed it. And the scandal that would emerge if people found out Kolo, lawman, was breaking that rule - ugh. Look, they just - they needed him. They were going to get shreded by Bereave, and they resonated with him, and it's like - it's like abandoning that part of him that got corrupted to die. He still vists, even now, checking up on Theta and talking to Vuaria - who seems so calm, so collected that Kolo's almost jealous.
Most of their relationship is based in work - with Jubilee as the face of the Coalition of Reality, he speaks to Kolo to ask for help from various Mags, clearing up confusion in records, and informing Kolo of strange activity across the world. That's kind of the extent of their relationship, but Kolo deeply admires Jubilee - how cool-headed he is, how he deals with criticism, how he just puts his fucking head down and gets work done. That's the kind of leader Kolo has always wanted to be....
- Keep A Secret
- The Vote
- What Will Happen to the Stories From the Bogs?
- And the Thing About Being a Bug
- House of Liars
- I Keep the Curtains Tied in Knots
- In Soft Rain Feeling
- Tonight At Our Beach
- Through All Discolor of My Mind
- Habits of Your Mind
- We're all Deities
- Sun is Libra, Moon is Scorpio, Rising is Scorpio.
- Associated tarot card is Judgment, associated flower is peony.
- Kolo's magic resonates with the Original Timeline Theta.
- Sleeps in a room which has a bed in the center, surrounded by pools of flowing water and waterfalls. Can't sleep without the white noise.
- Favorite things to do with Dij are talking, dancing, and scuffling.
- Tail is basically like a third arm to him. Wraps it around Dij to pick him up when he's misbehaving.
- Dij added the cyan triangles to his new outfit. Kolo kept them 'cause it was cute (and Dij insisted).
- Kolo and Dij are only more tolerable to other people now because they get all their feral insane energy out with each other and then can blend in with normies better for a while.
- As circle structure, he has been voted to have the best... ahem... assets among the Mags.
- Has a huge, huge library in his basement filled with his own writing, all of it self-insert fic of him and the other Mags in a medieval AU he's had since childhood. He's an ambassador-type being courted by a rogueish prince associated with wealth and diamonds (gee I wonder who).
- Gets overly emotional about wearing Dij's clothes and jacket especially.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Kolo's tail is extremely long, please don't shorten or thin it out! At all!!
- His horn glows slightly, but you can omit that. It kind of works like a lava lamp inside.
- His irises are dark blue, with hollow or white pupils. Don't draw them colored in!
- Typical expressions for him include frowning, pouting, or looking irritated. He only smiles around Dijamant.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.