Name: Saen (say-en)
Current Residence: The Fortress of Verglas, Verebriva
Hometown: Ivtin, Verebriva
The fabled warrior-king of Verebriva, who liberated it from the clutches of the corrupted Dominion Flame Marary. Though Saen has long since stepped back from governing or leading Verebriva, he still exists in a position of counsel, advising the Crown or the generals on current matters. His wisdom is unparalleled, and his protection remains a top priority to the government. Despite how often his guidance is called upon, Saen is soft-spoken - preferring to allow most regimes to flourish without his shadow hanging over them, aware of the weight of his word.
His historic, heroic deeds have placed him as the centerpoint of Verebrivan culture, who seek to emulate him in many ways. There isn't a single soul in the country that can't recite the legendary battle between Saen and Marary, or wax poetic about his defeat of Remeyan. For all the admiration and adoration, at first glance he's rather unimpressive, but he carries himself with a seriousness, and humility that belies his status.
His scimitar, equally legendary, is known as Shiva, and is at his hip at all times. Saen can wield it traditionally, or at range using magic.
Saen is Unflamed.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
♥♥♥♥♡ Elzibenah Kinguard
Though Eli is neurotic and paranoid - a fact Saen readily admits - he is excellent at his job: the head of protection for Saen. Eli manages the security around Saen's homes, an entourage of guards, enchants his belongings personally, and keeps after his health. Of course he worries, excessively, over Saen. They've been around each other long enough that Saen is quite comfortable referring to Eli as a friend (who always seems flabbergasted), and is grateful that someone like Eli delegates his safety.
♥♥♥♡♡ Tuuli Dava
Truthfully, he could stand to trust Saen's judgment, and seek his consul more often. It's been a long while since Verebriva has had a Crown that was so flippant about his eons of experience. It's quite silly - treating him like a political rival, as if he hasn't stood by and watched hundreds of scheming politicans come and go. When the military's frustrations bubble into treason, he'll want Saen's word behind him.
♡♡♡♡♡ Mene Herne
A troublesome witch that would've been rooted out of Verebriva by now if the Commander let him hunt her down personally. Unfortunately, things such as "the protection of our nation's most cherished warrior" take precedence, somehow, over the practicality of "there is a demon Flame we need to be rid of". Bitch of the Pines, she is.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
Many Emperors have passed Saen by, but few with as much fanfare as Peaches. They call him a god, they herald the coming of a true reincarnation, they heap weight and responsibility and expectation on his shoulders with little thought to the idealistic farmboy with dreams too big for his country. Still, he hopes Peaches does well.
♥♥♡♡♡ Meria Lavaranna
...His ability to tell the dozens of Sendrean families and their children and relatives apart has faded with time. Each Crown family is similar enough in personality to their ancestors that he defaults to calling them by their last name. She seems clever and nice, at least.
- People are usually surprised by how drab he looks, but years and years of being alive eroded his ability to care about fashion and looking nice, so he settles for "presentable".
- It's not common knowledge that Saen is one of Marary's children; Marary had many children with people he mind-altered and kept as slaves. Saen himself doesn't actually know for an absolute fact, but he's pretty certain he's one of Marary's, even though having a non-Okapi child would have been exceptionally rare.
- Legend has it that Saen forged Shiva out of scrap metal he found while foraging for food for his village. Saen is a bit embarrassed to admit he doesn't remember in the slightest now what actually happened.
- Shiva is linked to Saen with magic, and he often wields it at range with a whip of magic. It is heavily enchanted, and can be teleported to him even through gold torture. That's the extent of magic Saen usually uses, though; he's not really comfortable with it as a weapon.
- He would describe his younger self as "dangerously but needingly impulsive".
- Though Saen officially lives in the Fortress of Verglas, he in reality lives in a secluded mountain cottage staffed by governmental maids, some guards, and groundskeepers. He thinks the fuss is a little much but understands the need for security.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Circlet is two diamond-shaped sapphires inset into a pyrite crown.
- The sword is not required, but can be included if you wish. It's a scimitar he usually wields with a long, whiplike tether of magic, rather than traditionally.
- Occasionally switches up the color of his suit (spicy!) or wears more traditional Verebriva garb, but doesn't change the scarf. Is somehow not cold most of the time.
- Usually looking pensive and lightly irritated. That's just kind of how he is.
- Poses are usually pretty stiff and withdrawn, with muted body language.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!