Milk and Stone, the Tower
Leaves a Bad Taste in Everyone's Mouth
Name: Milk and Stone, the Tower
Nicknames: Tower, Milk (Cradle)
A man of extremes, ego, and intensity, Tower intimidates all who come across him. His halo radiates an aura of Magninium acute enough to freeze mortals in their tracks, and his fanged smile gives even other Fragments pause. That he is Psi's strongest mage comes as no surprise - and indeed it occupies much of his time, spent tweaking the protective wards around villages and Universes, crafting powerful weapons for its militia, heading off on solo missions to vanquish behemoths. With a keen smile and shrewd perception, Tower's presence in Psi is often welcomed - but met with caution and trepidation elsewhere, as if he were an omen of ruin.
In all honesty, such a thing is not far from the truth - though Tower is deeply loyal to Psi and its peoples, having seen its long suffering firsthand and experienced its lack of support from outsiders. But this grace does not extend to those beyond Psi's blackened ocean and deep night. Once upon a time, he was forgiving; after all, Psi was in such a sorry state - magnetically pulling objects and people from near-collapse Timelines, like a universal vacuum - he couldn't blame the COR operatives for not knowing where to even start in assistance. But as time wore on, and Psi rotted further, and he heard the derisive whispers - trash bin, kidnapper, rotting heaps, poison well - resentment built in his chest until he could barely hold back contempt for his fellow Fragments, sitting pretty in their comfortable Connected Timelines where life was simple. Were Frags not said to be compassionate, empathetic, kind? Then why could his peers not spare a scrap of effort in assisting one of their so-called precious Originals? Simple: because they were petty, selfish, and thoughtless.
Yet, in his infinite kindness, he has no desire to seek revenge, but simply independence - to sever Psi's ties to these egocentric fools.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
♥♥♥♥♥ Upon the Cradle of Life
His North Star, Psi's guiding light. Hehe. His gentle demeanor remains behind closed doors, but it takes on intensity and passion - the kind that seems almost alien on Life's face. In the quiet moments of twilight and dawn, when the others were resting under the light of Psi's moons, Life pursued him with a ferocity Tower's seen mirrored in little else, and one that remains hidden to the rest of their peers. Of course, he doesn't question the why - he is an excellent mage, with a sharp mind and wicked wit, anyone would be attracted - but can't help but feel charmed when he thinks of how fervent Life's love seems.
♥♥♥♥♡ Beginnings and Endings
Relationship: Darling little charge!
And the COR thought he'd let them poke and prod at Psi's newest little gift! Endings resonates with Psi just as strongly as any of its other Frags, and has earned his place well among them. He's shy, withdrawn - no, he's growing into himself, has a sort of affection and boldness to his little smiles now. It warms Tower's heart, fills it with pride. He's so happy to see Endings doing so well, especially after they had to practically restart his heart after pulling him out of Psi's ocean.
♥♥♥♥♡ Clarity of the Wheel
Relationship: The Guy With the Gun
He should've named himself 'Responsible Wheel'! ...Okay no. But, by the stars and Psi below, he's good to have around. The kind of stoic, calm, dependable person that any friend-group requires as a default to stick together. Sure, he's got a bit of a temper at times, but can he really be blamed? He handles mortals, the dreadful things - it can take so much repetition for them to understand a task, and yet Wheel keeps patience on a leash like a dog trainer. Speaking of which, have you met his dogs?
♥♥♥♥♡ Smudged to Sulfur Horizons
Relationship: Fun to Tease
Heheh, it doesn't take a genius to know their relationship can be full of spice. But where Sulfur sees antagonism and secrecy, Tower only sees affection and impatience. It's not that he's withholding information to hurt you, Sulfur! It's just very sensitive information, and he and Cradle can handle the COR - and you handle the home! It's actually quite a responsibility, after all - to be entrusted with Psi's safety itself, to hold down the fort when Tower has to leave? Maybe one day Sulfur will realize just how much respect Tower has for them...!
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
A poor, pathetic little spoilt man. Of the Originals, he is most distant - sitting up in a pretty little castle, having mortals fawn over him and drink from his cups of wine. But, he is still an Original - and there is some sort of bond that can be forged there. At the very least, even he is more tolerable than the kindest of the COR's pets.
A good politician - Tower can give him that. Oh, the platitudes he heaps! Oh, the uselessness of everything he conjures! He says he's sorry, he claims his hands are tied, he says bureaucracy can only move so fast - so what's the fucking point, then, you fucking scum? If the COR can't get anything done other than a meek little record of Timelines that Psi sometimes steals from, then why stay tethered to its molasses structure in the first place? Sickening.
- Most halos in Numbers are small and single-color. Tower's is bright and powerful enough that he completely lights up dark rooms he's in, and it's constantly sparking - letting off excess "pops" of magic. It's scary!
- He purposefully refers to his fellow Psi Fragments with a different noun from their names than they usually use. They're not offended by it, thankfully.
- Though most Frags can intuit the meaning of written words through a glance, Tower has taken the time to explicitly learn a plethora of common variations on mortal languages to have clearer translations.
- Of the Psi Frags, Tower was the one who visited the COR most often to discuss Psi and/or request help. It was determined he could most easily break out if the COR arrested him for something.
- A little embarrassed about his new scars, but tries not to be. Tells fanciful stories of fighting off Bereave himself if Psi mortals ask him.
- Doesn't actually have a house in Psi, just crashes basically wherever he is when he sleeps (which is rarely). Leans against something and is conked out two minutes later.
- Surprisingly selfless when it comes to people who matter to him, and a much harder worker than he comes off as. Assumes most things should be his responsibility, because he's the most competent.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Make sure to get his halo right! It's big, transparent in the center, and has a lighter brown sparkling.
- The tips of every feather are gold, I just don't draw them all.
- The more unhinged his expression, the better.
- Has scarring over his muzzle, neck, right hip, and upper right arm/shoulder.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!