Moon's right hand... supposedly. Sun is not responsible for much in terms of governing Chi or assisting with its religion. At most, one could generously say his work relates to the gathering of information, and the reporting of mages to Moon's desk - a profession that requires culling, of course, within Chi. But his smirk is well-known for more than that - notably, his churning obsession with Moon, which consumes most of his waking time and is the centerpoint of his life. But Sun is not a lovestuck fool by any means. No, he is cold, calculating, manipulative, and controlling - a cocktail of danger that has rightly instilled fear and trepidation among even his fellow Fragments. They know that there are no limits or morals for Sun, whose ambition is only ever checked by his own few failures. And his predisposition to secrecy means that no one ever truly knows what sort of self-serving ideas he's fashioning.
As long as one is respectful of Sun and doesn't try to wrestle between him and his goals, he is polite and tolerable, easy to speak to and even willing to lend a hand for those deemed unannoying. But his grudges are fierce, and he oozes an uncomfortable and overbearing aura, leaving most feeling like they've just stepped in slime. As such, he's given a wide berth by almost everyone.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Everything ♥
'Why me?' is a question that Moon has flung at Sun many a time. To that end, he can only supply a never-ending, ever-reaching list of Moon's traits - his snarled glares, his clenched hands, his trembling rage, his bloodied scythe, his whipping tail - and the way they all melt away when Sun and only Sun trails a hand down his back, presses kisses to his neck, pins his wrists above his head. Their relationship is deeply special, deeply unique, intoxicating - and Sun wouldn't have it any other way.
A bumbling old fool who gleefully threw Chi down a path of chaos and had the audacity to ask how it happened, how no one stopped him. Oh? He has regrets now about what he did to the place, what he did to Moon? Ahahaha, cry him a fucking river, you useless sack of shit. You're a turncoat traitor and a selfish little worm. Go, wriggle around in the rotted foundations of the COR and pretend like you can find a way to reverse everything you've done. Sun will laugh from on high as your grave closes up over your terrified face.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
Someone who doesn't get in his way, gets their work done quickly without fault, and is polite about things. Really, a shocking rarity in this world! If there were more people like Rose out there, maybe they could've solved world peace by now, heh....
Useful, though a bit too chipper. Knows his place, and is happy to make whatever Sun asks of him. Good marks in his books all around so long as that dynamic remains stable.
Loud, obnoxious. What more is there to say? His presence is an affront to leisure, he riles Moon up into frustration, and he somehow thinks that Sun doesn't know he and Eolith made eyes at each other all the time.
- Favorite hobby is framing mortals for religious crimes so he can watch Moon torture repeated offenders. Yeah.
- Deliberately dresses and alters his appearance to look like Moon. Tweaks himself whenever Moon changes himself. Wanted to mimic Moon's appearance even more closely but Moon gets mad at him ("No you can't copy my headwings!" >does sidewings instead "FINE!").
- Yes - he named himself after Moon did.
- Despite his "closeness" to Moon, he doesn't get any special treatment for favors from Moon. Arguably, Moon treats him worse than he does anyone else... on the outside, at least.
- Likes playing with Moon's hair and headwings. Enjoys helping Moon get ready for the day by combing his hair, picking out accessories, shining his scythe... the list is endless (if Moon lets him).
- Has a different bouquet of flowers made for Moon's desk every week. He's never missed a week. Ever. In their entire immortal lives.
- Despite his best attempts, he can't get into the inside of the Cathedral Tree's trunk. This is doubly irritating as Moon and Eolith would enter the tree to discuss private matters, and Moon never tells him details of said discussions.
- Refuses to wear an hourglass anywhere, the symbol of Eolith (often conflated as Chi's symbol).
- Stinger contains a calming venom that he uses to help Moon get to sleep (or get massaged).
- Only gets angry/pissy/jealous if Moon deliberately ignores him or brushes him off.
- It's known in Chi among mortals that he schemes and pulls strings, but the depth of both/what he's actually involved in is hard to discern. Regardless, it's common to sympathetically joke that a friend is "on Sun's shitlist" when they're suffering an unlucky streak.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Horns are covered in a light layer of fur.
- Headwings come out of head right behind horns.
- Tail ends in a scorpion's stinger, with a layer of plating over the spine.
- Pupils or irises are shaped like diamonds, either works.
- Looks smug, confident, in control. Heart eyes at Moon, picks him up.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!