Hardworking, conflict-adverse, dedicated, and gentle - words to describe Rose, the second-most beloved face of Chi's Fragments as decided by its mortals. Through his years of work as their ambassador - wrangling the government for them, assisting them in petitioning it, guiding legislature on their behalf - has cemented him as the friendliest and most accessable of its religious leaders, and the one to turn to for any problems. His office hours are expansive, and his approach to every mortal is personalized and careful, taking their concerns with kindly understanding and seriousness, supplies them with realistic and achievable solutions. He even answers every email sent to his public address! (Or, maybe a team helps him with that one).
Rose's saintly demeanor is no con, though - he legitimately wants to help others and has the resilience to follow through. He settled into his role soon after the move to Chi's trees, under Eolith's wing and with Eolith's blessing. It was important to bridge the gap, especially during such a time of crisis - a crisis that remains fresh in Rose's mind, all these years later. The chaos and panic, disasters left and right - no. He'll do anything in his power to avoid that time of turmoil again... and in all honesty, he has been doing just that, and has done it well.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Boss... Friend?
Moon can be rough around the edges, Rose knows, but he also knows that it's just because he's got a lot heaped on his plate. They were both shocked when Eolith asked Moon to take care of Chi for him while he left... it just seemed... well, Moon is doing an admirable job with what hand he was dealt, and is receptive to Rose's suggestions. He makes a point to never really compare Moon and Eolith as leaders - he's sure Moon's already dealing with that plenty enough. Hopefully he can take a nice long vacation once Eolith returns.
Relationship: The Old Boss
...Eolith is so important, culturally, to the people of Chi. Just his name is enough to light up faces of the devout alone. And when Rose looks out his window, he can see the main statue of Eolith in the courtyard, and the dozens of flowers left there by adoring mortals daily. To think that none of those worshippers really knew him - knew him and the stress he was under, the tension whenever he was irritated - leaves an uncomfortable feeling in Rose's gut. Eolith is not a bad person, but... how does one craft such a bright persona when they've struggled so hard?
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
Rose is friendly with Sun simply because the best way to handle Sun is polite friendliness. Don't make any sudden motions around Moon, answer Sun's questions when he pops out of nowhere, and Sun will leave you well and tidy alone. He may even lend a helping hand of dubious legality if he finds you tolerable enough, which he appears to find Rose. He'd dislike Sun more if - if his treatment of Moon clearly didn't help Moon so much. He doesn't really understand them, but he supposes it's not really his business.
Titan is usually abrasive to most, but he's generally friendly to Rose. He seems to be under the impression that he and Rose share a... hm, kinship of sorts, being middling-tier workers under the watchful eyes of Moon. Of course, Rose doesn't deliberately needle Moon or Sun and cause chaos whenever he's at the main cathedral - chaos that Rose usually has to clean up. But he's not... terrible, Rose supposes. Hm, that's a bit of a low bar he has....
Dealing with the COR operatives has been Rose's job since he became an admin, and frankly, he loves it! They're polite, interested in Chi's health, receptive to its religion and understanding of their fear of magic, and always helpful in supplying records or potential solutions to rare problems he's having. Jubilee himself is a nice, calm person who clearly does have Chi's best interests at heart, even if their hands are tied because of Chi's aversion to magic. It's nice!
- Keeps two pet meutins in his room at the cathedral. One is purple with violet stripes - "Dreamscape", and the other is cream with leopard markings - "Morning".
- Gets a decent amount of sleep, surprisingly. He's a Fragment though which means he needs almost no sleep and only once every few weeks or whatever, so he's basically cheating :/
- Mortals coming to meet with him often bring roses, with he finds endearing and kind of cute. They sit in a vase on his desk for the day but he usually ends up eating them as a before-bed snack.
- Rose heavily advocates for haloed mortals' rights (alongside Moon). He used to meet up with them privately at their residences to speak to them and show support when it was more heavily stigmatized. That's one thing he doesn't miss from Eolith's reign....
- Tries to avoid undoing his tail-braid when he can, because managing it without magic is an absolute nightmare. Thank the stars Fragments don't really get dirty or anything!
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- The light blue part of his headfins cannot move, but he can wiggle the fin part.
- Freckles are shaped like little quartefoils. Underside of feet is same color as freckles.
- Tail is tucked in a huge, huge braid, which drags on the ground.
- Red fabric is very swooshy. Woosh! Quatrefoil pattern on one side only.
- Usually trying to look gentle or thoughtful. Often trying to explain things.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!