Fragment of Timeline Alpha
Information / Art / Gallery
Nickname: Prov, Vee, Ena, Ence
Pronouns: he/him or they/them
Race: n/a 🛈
God Spectrum: Fragment 🛈
Royal & Desire
World: Fragments > Original 24 Timelines
Link(s): Toyhouse / Gallery
Many of the Original Timelines, amateur passion projects, have vast and far-reaching faults in their construction - shattered to pieces, tattered cores, instability and destruction. But none are as insidious as the damage done to Alpha - not a result of Genesis' mistakes in creation, but a direct result of Bereave systematically and methodically tearing it apart and piecing it back together over and over for centuries, utilizing his corrupting magic to fill in the cracks. This insidious rot has permeated through Alpha, the first Timeline, like a poisonous haze - corrupting everything it touches into its conceptual worst self, warping its peoples into crude mockeries, into the traits they hate and the behaviors they despise. This corruption has been no more obvious than in Alpha's two Natural Fragments, of which Provenance is one - normally bright, idealistic, and determined, Bereave's corruption has left Provenance wholly and utterly apathetic to everything around them. Though aware of this, there's not much left in Prov to feel indignant about it.
They barely mustered the energy to care when they were kidnapped by notorious mercenary-criminal-gang leader Cascade Circe, and has made no effort to escape, protest, or undermine Cascade. They remain at Cascade's side, somewhere between a prize and a partner and a friend over time. They've seen Cascade warp from a self-righteous, selfish, and egotistical warlord into someone more caring, more empathetic, and more concerned for Alpha's existence than either Provenance or Respite - something that rouses a bit of amusement in Prov, to see someone else taking up the torch that its Fragments lacked. For what it's worth, Cascade treats them well, providing Prov with any food, entertainment, gifts, or luxuries that they could want (even if "wanting" is a difficult thing for them to feel nowadays).
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
♥♥♥♥♥ Cascade Circe
He's turned into such a niceguy at heart, it's almost silly. He's still... he's great at putting on a show for people, and he's still got a wicked temper. But the manipulative sadist that he used to be is almost completely gone. Sometimes he cries in his office after the Mercs donate stuff to a stricken community, or they find out the Cultists destroyed someplace. It's sweet. It's probably the nicest thing Alpha's ever done.
♥♥♥♡♡ The Mercenaries
Relationship: The Gang
They treat Prov with a teasing sort of respect - Cascade would break anyone who harmed Prov, but the nature of their relationship and the rough-and-tumble dynamic of the Mercs means that he's usually referred to as the boss' pet (or worse). He doesn't really care, which seems to unnerve the newbies - the ones who've heard tales of resolute Fragments, maybe talked to a COR operative once or twice.
♥♥♥♡♡ Preponderant Respite
They used to be friends, and it does still hurt sometimes when they see each other and Respite... eh. He's doing what he needs to to cope. It's hard to judge him for that. But with Cascade's opinions shifting, they're... they're getting in more conflict with each other as the Mercs move to more directly oppose the Cultists. It's....
♥♥♡♡♡ Rapture Cult
He's thought about Alpha dying a lot, honestly. It occupies a lot of his free time, which is indeed mostly spent thinking or daydreaming. And, despite everything that's happened to it and how rotten it is from the core to the ends, he still can't agree with the idea that it needs to be put of its misery. It's surreal, almost, to feel such a thing with the passion and intensity that he does - that the Cult is wrong, and that Cascade is doing right by Alpha by opposing them.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
He's just so much. All of the time. Loud and overbearing and his Timeline is choked with incense and aphrodisiacs and drugs. Makes his head spin and chokes up his throat. At least Cascade enjoys the drinks when they get... occasionally invited.
- Cascade usually changes around his outfit every couple centuries or so. He has a "presentable" one for formal occasions and COR visits (the one his 'design' is wearing) but they're otherwise pretty revealing as a rule.
- When Bereave used Trougao as a power source for a machine that stabilized Alpha, Prov's old self returned briefly. He wrote himself a lot of letters, aware there was no way the machine would be permanent. He gave the box of letters to Cascade and hasn't asked for them back to read yet... and probably won't ever.
- Played around with a lot of names when he was younger, but after damage to Alpha began just gave up and went with what Respite usually called him, Provenance.
- Has a nice, higher-pitched singing voice. Cascade asks him to sing sometimes.
- Cascade got him addicted to raw magic early on after kidnapping him, but ended up helping Prov kick it after he developed a consciousness and felt guilty.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Halo and eyes are two different colors, please note. Halo is also constantly sparking.
- End of tail is like an axehead. Hurts like one, too. View guide for horns here if you're having trouble.
- Plates on his legs are like a stocking/shoe, they're not literally growing out of him.
- Has darker green freckles on face, top of base of tail, chest, and sides of hips.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.