Fragment of Timeline Eta
Information / Art / Gallery
Name: Phenyl (fen-ull)
Race: n/a 🛈
God Spectrum: Fragment 🛈
World: Fragments > Original 24 Timelines
Link(s): Toyhouse / Gallery
An irate and distant Frag, Phenyl avoids most of Eta's shining condos, expensive food, and endless luxuries. He prowls around the lowest slums in its towering vertical cities, hopping between bars that have grown used to his presence and occasionally picking fights with mortals who have even less to lose than he. It's an open secret among the populace - Phenyl is obstinate and uncooperative, believing that Eta's magic circle is only hiding successive damage to the Timeline, covering it until they can't see how the flush of OOT actors entering for a silly "vacation" is chipping at its core. And, there will come a reckoning - when the thread snaps and Eta will collapse.
For a long while, his "job" (as dictated by himself, with Aryl's blessing) was to visit Eta's heart regularly and check for cumulative damage, but this was eased out as Aryl restricted access to the heart. Now, Phenyl refuses to participate in any work or governing at all, staunchly declaring that he would never assist Aryl's short-sighted policies and flights of fancy. He is abrasive and loud, quick to judge and easily angered, making his opinions swiftly clear to any who dare ask why a Fragment isn't tending to their precious Timeline.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Does he really have to talk about this? You won't give him the donut box unless he actually fills out the survey? Uuuuuuuuuuugh. Fine. Aryl is... Aryl... is... he's just, too much, how about that. Chases whatever the fuck will get his dick wet and can't muster more brainpower to think past that 'cause he's so fucking horny all the time. Ugh. Shut up, shut up, he doesn't want to talk about Aryl anymore.
Relationship: stupid scientist
Only very rarely less tolerable than Aryl, but the bar's very low, if you couldn't tell. See, the nice part about Xylyl is that he generally leaves Phenyl alone - at least, until Aryl's getting on Xylyl's ass, and he needs a treat to toss to Aryl to get him to piss off. Then suddenly it all becomes "Ooooh, but Phenyl, he loves you sooo much, you should go see him!" Tch. Stupid motherfucker. Can't even fight his own battles.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
You know, the nice thing about Jubilee is that he only ever fucking bothers Aryl for shit. Like, he can respect that Phenyl won't bloody his hands with Eta's stuff. It just sucks he doesn't take Phenyl's concerns more seriously.
♡♡♡♡♡ Milk and Stone, the Tower
Relationship: probably plots to end the world or something
Stupid self-important Psi bitch, sitting there smug and so so so fucking punchable. The kind of guy that makes you want to crack a beer bottle against a wall and just let them have a taste of the wrong side of the glass. Ya know.
- If Phenyl's been missing for a long while, Aryl tends to put bounties out on him for his safe return. Some of the people Phenyl runs with sell him out, but he has a few safehouses he can bounce between.
- He lost his eye in an undisclosed incident between him and Aryl. Many of the mortals he's around speculate it was related to the heart-closing decision somehow - either as the cause or an effect.
- Most of the Frag-welcoming bars are on the higher tiers of the city, so most of what Phenyl drinks is mortal-level alcohol... meaning he can't actually get drunk (or even really tispy) off it.
- Feels wildly uncomfortable with wearing a glass eye, and is only marginally more comfortable in the eyepatch (Aryl says it's nice).
- In fights, mostly uses his fists. Feels weird about abusing Frag magic on mortals and doesn't like knives.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Left eye can't open at all and has some scarring around it.
- Feel free to draw him in his default state (to the right) or his "Aryl dressed him up" state, both are fine.
- entire body is the lighter color, beginning around his chest area and going down onto his thighs.
- Has tiny two-prong horns hidden normally by his hat. Tail spike is shaped like a lightning bolt.
- Is literally almost always smoking, but you can omit that if you're uncomfortable.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.