Nicknames: Moony (Sun), Luna (Sun, rarer)
Fundamentally, who - what he is has not changed for Moon. He has, and always will be a tool, a sword to point at the enemies of Chi, those who would threaten it. And Chi's great leader, founder of its religion, miracle-worker Eolith, would point him at those who needed to be punished, and he would obey without a second thought. For many long years, life was so simple, so right - to be used for Chi. For Eolith. For beautiful, intelligent, kind, caring, generous, dedicated, suffering Eolith. To be their protective blade and willing chew toy both.
But now Eolith is gone. Off to find a permanent solution to their Timeline's aversion to magic, the use of which it rejects wholly.
So now Moon leads the religion. In Eolith's stead. Without Eolith's wisdom and tact, without Eolith's undying loyalty he earned from Chi's peoples. In his hands, he holds the culmination of his idol's life, and he knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that he will leave it wanting. He hears the whispers - he is more judgmental, more brutal, more prone to physical punishment. And they do not trust Sun - his so-called right hand - who takes a twisted glee and affection towards Moon, planting ideas of "personhood" next to an insistence that Moon belongs to him. And Sun is the only one who really knows him, who knows the depths of his sense of duty and devotion, who knows that he finds the idea that he is not a person deeply comforting. But Moon still remembers that terrible ask Eolith made of him, the last request he'd given Moon before leaving, the first time Moon has said no to him. His chest aches, his head spins, he bares his teeth at the thought - at the mere idea - of admitting to himself that he has broken his cardinal rule, that Eolith should always come first.
He's a failure. He can only just hope that Eolith will forgive him when he returns, whenever that may be.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Dating... kind of
Sun is a fucking loser, an infatuated idiot, a disgusting little creature that only lives because he's adept only at pulling the wool over others' eyes. Moon both hates him and yet finds him calming to be around - aware that Sun is manipulating him, that Sun is the source of a multitude of his problems, that he's an obsessive freak that learned how to calm Moon down solely to get in his pants. But he's one of few sources of comfort Moon has, and it's not like his sense of self is developed enough to contest Sun loudly.
Eolith was... no, he still is the centerpoint of Chi, of everything, their illustrious leader whose legacy is only brightened by time's forgetting of his harsher moments. Not only is he the mirror to which Moon is compared, but he was once a friend as well - someone to serve and dedicate himself to, a pillar unquestioned and correct - orders to obey without needing to fret over the morality of all decisions. If Eolith dictated something, then Moon carried it out. Life used to be as simple as that....
Rose helps. Rose is dedicated, polite, concise, and friendly - traits that help soften Moon's abrasiveness when dealing with mortals. He doesn't mind that most prefer to speak to Rose about concerns - after all, that's Rose's job - and is in all honesty grateful that Rose has remained in his position of ambassador, even after Eolith left. Moon remembers to send him a card every holiday.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
He's good at his work and useful, doesn't give Moon a hard time, and certainly never gave Eolith one. Not that... Moon and Oroide ever really talked that much to one another. Generally, Rose is the go-between. Still. No complaints here.
A useful tool, just like Moon is. Unlike Moon, he doesn't fully know his place - backtalking to authority, always with a acidic quip. Like he thinks he's more important than he is. Repulsive. But he's efficient (mostly), which is really all they need in a bounty hunter, isn't it? It still disgusts Moon to see Titan talking about Eolith like they were close....
Relationship: how has no one hunted him down yet?!
A pox on their society - a Fragment who has shunned Chi's safety to harbor mage criminals instead. Part of Moon still doesn't believe it, and hates the extra scrutiny it's wrought on him for having a halo. But there is no tolerance affronted to those that would risk Chi itself for - for what? What good has magic ever done for them? Why does everyone he care about abandon him...?
- One of the few 'relaxing' things he does for himself is freerunning. Chi has many structures built on the tops of trees, so there's always weird connections, jumps, and places to explore.
- The most central ceremony that Moon personally presides over is that of bloodletting, to dispose of excess magic within Chi.
- Halos are looked down upon heavily in Chi. He gets incredibly incensed if it's pointed out.
- Would be utterly traumatized to find out Eolith was keeping his relationship with Titan a secret from Moon. He... wasn't that close to Eolith...?
- Bites Sun, bitches at him, tells him off, kicks him, punches him, the whole nine yards. Still finds his presence legitimately comforting and can't sleep if Sun isn't in the room.
- Is the only person who can accurately track Sun's movements in the shadows and can sense when he's entered the same room.
- Named himself Moon because he wanted to "reflect Eolith's light". Got confused half a second later when some orange rando got in his face and said they'd name themselves Sun so that they'd be the only light in his life.
- Believe it or not he never had a romantic crush on Eolith haha. Purely platonic.
- He is so small. Probably, honestly, the smallest of the Originals Frags. Tiny.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Scythe is totally optional, size can be altered for whatever looks coolest.
- Tail ends in a knife-like hardened tip. Yes, it can be used for cutting.
- Legs sort of like a raptor.
- For his eyes - iris would be light blue, pupil is shaped like a white "star".
- The thing on the front of his shirt isn't a tie, it's just decorative sewn-on fabric.
- Usually looking pretty pissy, scowling in every situation.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!