Name: Chomyzi (cho-my-zee)
To put it simply... Epsilon is hell.
For - many reasons. Hell, specifically, for mortals. They aren't built to handle time loops... especially not if they also remember every time loop their previous selves went through... it degrades their sense of reality, self, morality, conscience. It drives them to insanity, then pulls them back, then dunks them back in. The realization that there is no end, no relief, no change - that nothing they ever do will matter, that there are no consequences for any of their actions, that everything and anything will be reset come the bell's toll on the last day of the year... it's not humane. As sick as it sounds, it's hard to begrudge the ones that kill themselves in Amaridan, the first month, sparing themselves the rest of the year until the reset. At least they don't try beating their "how many people can I take out with me?" high score every cycle.
Those are always the problem ones for Chomyzi....
He knows that Fragments are supposed to be - oh, what does the COR call it? Impartial, protective, invisible hands? It's a nice ideal, but... look at the state of his Timeline. He has to help them. He has to help them. No one else can. No one else can ease a little bit of the endless torment of their lives. He has to help them. It's all on him. It's his responsibility. There's no other Fragments in Epsilon so it all falls on him. He has to stop all the killing and attacking and suffering. He has to answer their prayers and heal them and help them and save them. He has to steel his heart and drag slice-jumpers kicking and screaming back to their original time loop and maintain some sort of integrity and stability in Epsilon. It's all on him. There's no one to help. There's no end in sight. Just turn the cheek when they lash out at him, and tend to their wounds afterwards. They can't help it. They're suffering so much. He has to be better. He has to help them. He has to help them. He has to help them.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Really Wishes They Were Friends
He's everything Chomyzi wishes he could be. Everything. Calm, collected, in control. Deals with crises without breaking a sweat. Never seems to be ruffled over anything. Just rolls with every punch, adapts, and overcomes. He's not a sobbing, whimpering mess who can't hold anything together. And, he even tolerates Chomyzi whining and venting to him... it's hard not to be riddled with awed envy when a guy like Arzhi is the comparison point....
The solo Natural Fragments of the Originals have to stick together... Ivletri is part of that. He really loves the Coalition... like... really loves it. It's kind of cute. It's easy to like the Coalition if they can actually provide support and help... not that he's trying to say Epsilon is worse than Phi, it's just... ...you know. At least someone's happy. Maybe Chomyzi should just try to be happier... maybe he'd feel better if he just forced it....
Aryl's like a bad drug. It's fitting. He can be addictive, like creature comforts. Take anyone's mind off anything. Lure them in with the waters of lethe and luxurious pillows and tell them it's okay, you can just stay here forever. But nobody can. They have responsibilities, duties, work, life. Nobody can stand to just laze around and be pampered all the time. But... it can be tempting... really tempting, in his worst moments....
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
Another solo Natural Fragment... he has to figure out some way to extend an invitation to their little club... (though really who would want to join, when Chomyzi and Ivletri of all people make up half the members)... what if it makes Isiell hate him... maybe it's better not to even bother.
Has always been invited to their club, but has never shown up. Chomyzi understands. If Epsilon collapsed... yeah. And if he were living at the Coalition, in relative comfort... yeah, he wouldn't want to hear anyone complaining about their still-living Timelines, either. The luxuries only go so far to ease that pain. Still, it'd be... nice to get to know him better. They were neighbors, after all....
Relationship: Could-Be Friends
He's sorry. He knows it's fucked up to keep... inadvertently putting that kind of pressure on you, Feyrisx. If he's being honest he just doesn't know how to stop. It's not justification, but it's explanation, he hopes. He's sorry. You're a cool person... Mu is a nice Timeline. He really does think that. It doesn't even gross him out anymore. He'd gladly swap places with you.
Relationship: Coalition Man
The COR can't even do anything to help. Not that he ever expects them to, anymore. It just makes the operatives depressed and horrified. Some of them get nauseous. It's hard to fit Epsilon into that hyper-idealistic worldview. At least Jubilee is pityingly nice.
- "Prayer" isn't normally something mortals can do to speak to their Fragments; Chomyzi deliberately warped Epsilon's concepts so that mortals could pray to him and he'd get their voices in the back of his head, so he could go help whoever needed it right away. It is exactly as overwhelming as it sounds and everyone drowns each other out anyways.
- One of the best concept-walkers across all Fragments; can tap into and read concepts like they're open books. Learned this so he could more easily read if someone was a slice-jumper and, if they were, which slice to return them to. Has no idea he's freakishly adept, assumes all Frags are this skilled.
- Alcohol tolerance is at an insane level even for Fragments, who drink insanely recursive high alcohol content potions to get drunk. Usually has to have Aryl mix him Chomyzi-specific brews made literally from the undistilled conceptual wavelengths of drinking.
- Doesn't sleep in Epsilon. Terrified of missing an important prayer or alternatively being attacked (it's happened a few times).
- The little "E" on his tie is a recent addition, after Theta reopened its borders. He saw Szeretet's Theta-based tie and stole the idea because he thought it was cute.
- Constantly oscillating between openly suicidal and hopeless to being desperate for companionship and overly placid.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Left half has orange freckles, right has yellow. Right eye is diamond-shaped. Note halo and its colors.
- Has wings wrapped around ears and mounted on back.
- Legs like a satyr, hooves different colors.
- Include as little or as many feathers on the tail as you feel up to.
- Can be looking quietly distressed, thoughtful, worried, or breaking down. Man's got range.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!