Name: Vinnly (vin-lee)
Vinnly has always been... well, to be charitable, a thorn in Mivis' side. The greatest psychiatrists of Gamma have probed his mind, searching for answers, explanations, trauma, a reason why he's the erratic, self-centered, and somewhat sadistic person he is. You know, stuff like "why don't you have the inherent affection for the world as is the norm of Fragments?" and other very trying questions. The kind that gets nosy psychiatrists that won't leave him alone eaten. You know!
Okay, look, maybe he came off wrong. He's just here to have fun and mess around. Play his little part and enjoy his life, you know? He's not going around merc'ing random mortals. But they're, like, also just mortals. Definition disposable and replacable; they "die" eventually either way. It's just what they do, you know? So if they annoy him too much and pester him, well, he's just freeing some magic back into the greater Magninium cycle! Or eating it. That too.
Still, Mivis figured his predisposition to violence and skill in it was plenty reason to ask for Vinnly's help when the war with Beta flared. They had no one else! Maybe Vinnly was a little weird, and off-putting, and feral, and... but he'd actually honed his skills in a way that most of Gamma hadn't. Wrangling cave beasts, taking down behemoths - it was a tall ask, but one Vinnly rose to without a second thought. He wasn't really motivated for Gamma's sake, per se, but hey, he liked Mivis enough to give it a shot. Unfortunately, it really was only a shot, as Beta - warlords who literally starting fighting each other from birth - crushed him like a little bug. He came to and Gamma was basically minutes from surrendering.
He doesn't really feel bad about his failure, though. It was bound to happen, in hindsight, and he's been able to redirect himself just fine to new pursuits. Like harassing the Betalings when they show up, and pretending to be Mivis' maid when new mortals and politicians show up. Fun things!
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Best Friends ♥
Astria! Nale! Whatever! Stars, he's so busy. He's a bee. Zip this way, zip that way, talking a fat talk, shaking some fat hands, sprinting away with sacks of fat cash. How he manages it, Vinnly will never know! But that's why Alez is the businessman, and he's not - one of them has a grand patience for the silly little pettiness of mortals, and one of them doesn't. But they are both great cogs in the great heart of Gamma, all the same! Glory to their Timeline!
The biggest guy on the block! Mivis! Oh, the egg on his face when Beta showed up at their doors with an army, all those years ago! Looked like he was right about to cry, held Vinnly's shoulders so tight as he hissed out his desperate plea! Well, Vinnly delivered. It just wasn't a pretty package. And they all adapted, even Mivis! He's gotten angrier and colder, clenched fist gritted teeth trembling rage, but he's so good at smothering it that none could guess how it boils inside of him! He can still conjure a smile when Vinnly brings him chocolate cake for random festivities, though!
Relationship: Sorta Friends
Three dashes of milk, two sugar cubes, let it cool to near-room temperature and make a disgusting slop of a cup of coffee, and bam, Ophyeo's favorite! Well, okay, he doesn't ask for the lattermost part, but he never drinks the damn thing until it's been sitting out for an hour, so Vinnly's taken to solving that problem for him! And you'd think he'd stop looking so surprised every time Vinnly creeps up on him, pot in one hand, mug in the other! He's being helpful, silly! Then again, Ophyeo is so very high strung... he should swap to something with less caffeine!
He's damp and smells musty. Oh, the plague of the cavers, to drip with mold and mildew until it's consumed their very souls! Even Brine's levelled look of confusion and muttered 'you literally don't know what you're talking about' can't shake Vinnly's conviction! After all, he rather liked getting to see his bioluminescent peers every hour of all days when he spent his stint underground - it was just so very... damp! Unpleasantly so! So deepest sorries, Brine, but he mustn't join you again for such things! Though he knows you must certainly be very lonely without his sunshine energy, he hopes you understand he must devote it to Mivis instead!
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
Hmhm, should the surfacers and cavers truly cast off their shackles and join abreast, Petyl, or are you too ignorant to see that they already have? What divides them 'cept the stench of the caverns and the reek of the sun? Does it not say more about yourself that you think you are the only one who can direct the bridge that must be built between them, or will you shake off Vinnly's concerns in the same ways you shake off accusations of bribery and collusion? Curious!
Relationship: Big Boss
A sneaky little dagger, isn't he... got a finger to his lips, a sword behind his back, a smirk on his face. Waits for the time to strike, a poised cobra of a man! He eyes Vinnly with an untrusting gaze, uncertain of how to handle him. Surely Aite conceptualizes him as a particularly nasty bone of contention, and struggles to posit solutions to Mivis. How to get rid of the loud pest with no care towards social boundaries? Nay, the pest who defies them specifically and knowingly for joy? For a man so awashed in the great dance of subtext and nuance, it must surely madden him - a thing Vinnly takes absolute delight in!
He's not really scared of Zirc. Why should he be? What's Zirc gonna do, fuck him? Oh no! Anyways. He's all strung up like a wire, he's barely scary. So he killed a Fragment? So what? Nobody died in the Gamma war; Beta doesn't want Zirc developing a serial killer's reputation. That would make the COR come down on them like the mighty bludgeoning hammer they are! So the worst thing he can do is brandish his dick, and act like he's something scary. Hehe!
- Has a deep fascination with true crime, and has a near-encyclopedic knowledge of Gamma's high-profile cases. (Including his own.)
- Gone through a variety of "phases"; the other Gamma Frags are used to it by now. Before he fixated on being a maid, he spent a lot of time renovating houses to flip, and before that ran a community greenhouse. It's often an unpleasant surprise that the murderous "Vinnly" danger-don't-approach Fragment is the same Vinnly as the nice guy who ran the local soup kitchen for a few years.
- He is absolutely the "wait, I know a guy" person for all the Gamma Frags, who call on him for the most random and unrelated specialized tasks.
- Naturally extremely curious and investigative. Makes it a habit to know everything that's going on, though he doesn't broadcast this and doesn't give the info to anyone except the other Gamma Fragments (namely, Mivis or Brine).
- Has a lot of empathy for animals and actually dislikes the meat industry. Thinks cave farming is neat but he's too freaked out by fungus to want to eat any of it. Conversely, doesn't think of behemoths as animals and is glad to put them out of their misery (and eat them).
- He really is kind of just Gamma's missing stair that everyone keeps around because Fragments love other Fragments, and Vinnly isn't really antagonistic to any of his peers.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Darker splotches only on face and tailtip.
- Magic should generally be brown unless he pulls on the foreign pink deliberately.
- Skirt is not even. Don't ask how the fabric works.
- Feel free to put him in more traditional maid outfits.
- Generally mischievous, energetic, and goofy poses work for him, he's not a very serious guy.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!