Name: Isiell (ihss-ee-ell)
Pronouns: they/them or he/him
Since birth, the Original Timeline Tau has been choked by a boundless jungle. It stretches over every available outcropping of land, overtaking and consuming, its resident flora self-aware and self-serving, squabbling for nutrients, light, water, soil. Above the rabble are the greatest, tallest trees, whose boughs stretch for miles and roots drink deeply of Tau's magic: the Kinsleaves. Their presence, their aura - an extension of their thinking magic and emotions - surrounds and commands, and even the youngest vines know of their authority and power. In this world, there is no fauna, no animals, no people, no taming of the land save for scars left by COR incursions into its depths. And the COR operatives paid dearly when the Kinsleaves ordered their deaths.
But they were not foolish. They knew there would come a day when Tau would be pulled open once more and more creatures on two legs with knives and bright eyes would enter and scurry about. And though they stretched far, the Kinsleaves could only order, and could do little else, as old and gnarled and mighty as they were. So, deep in the pits of Tau, next to the Timeline's heart and filled with its magics, they lent bark and leaf and sap and heartwood and magic to a creation of their own. A robot, in the shape of their invaders. A robot, bound to their will, who would serve as their voice when the outsiders returned.
Information that Isiell had not been aware of for much of their life. For years, they were little more than a gardener - tiredly resentful of the Kinsleaves' decrees and punishments, but carrying out their commands in respect of their wisdom and dominion. They carried out tasks to the furthest reaches of Tau, and slowly grew more and more alienated from their world as they realized the myriad of differences between themself and the trees and the plants and the fruits and the fungus and the vines, and the pit of bitterness in their stomach gnawed at them eternal -
- Until, one day, the outsiders returned. And the world opened up in front of Isiell's eyes.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
♥♥♥♥♥ Singer and Sounder of the Lifesong, Light From Above
His favorite of the Kinsleaves. They are much more patient and a little mischievous, which makes them comparatively forgiving.
♥♥♥♡♡ The Kinsleaves
He understands their paternal-material obligations towards him, and his obligations as their hand, their mobile creation. That doesn't make their patronizing judgments of his work any less painfully sharp. He knows it's blasphemy to dislike so many of them and their orders - which is why he never lets those thoughts bleed into his aura. Regardless, he's grateful to have room to breathe away from their presence.
♥♥♡♡♡ Tau Residents
Relationship: Beneath Him
He was created to be the hands of the Kinsleaves and to tend to the jungle with hands and legs that it lacked. He has cleared much dead brush, reprimanded many a prideful upstart, seen entire colonies die out and rebirth. Many of Tau's people crave his approval, as if it earns them any clout with the Kinsleaves. Most of his work he does not mind; that desperation for his blessing is what irritates him.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
A powerful mage, and decidedly Cradle's shadow (though he laughed when Isiell told him this). He can be difficult to keep track of when he wants to be obscured. A concerning thing, but his motives seem simple and understandable enough.
It's impossible to separate him from the moon - it bleeds out of his aura in powerful waves. He is kind and excitable, and eager to show Isiell about the world. He appreciates the guidance but hopes it cools after he's settled in more.
- Skin is literally made of bark. Hair sounds (and feels like) very, very fine leaves. Bleeds sap and raw magic. Literally a robot made out of plants.
- The knife they carry around was a gift from Tower after their meeting. There was gold in Tau before, but it was never processed into a weapon as there was no infrastructure. It fascinates Isiell and they like keeping it on themself.
- Incredibly adept at resonation and invoking as most of the "communication" in Tau was very subtle forms of this. Constantly reading everyone's magical signatures and will tell people their wavelengths if they're nice about it.
- Passively reads people's Magninium auras, which tells him their general emotions.
- Doesn't sleep much, but generally just curls up to sleep under a "canopy" nearby. In Tau, this is under tree branches. In other Timelines, oftentimes a table.
- It's easy to leave a bad impression on him, but he's so used to not voicing his criticisms or showing negativity that nobody can tell. Plus, generally values meeting people and learning more about the world than he cares about being upset.
- Is very interested in technology, and has started to revamp the building in Tau that houses its portal to serve as more of a home and a welcoming area for visitors (the idea makes him giddy).
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Inside of hands and bottom of feet are a lighter green color, the same as the marking on his face.
- Pupils and/or irises should be drawn as Xs. Don't forget the halo.
- Keeps his hair tied in a braid at all times.
- Tail is hardened material and the spikes hurt.
- Usually looking curious but serious. He's thoughtful but no-nonsense.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!