Name: Ferreon (fair-ee-on)
The fragility of mortal life is a law that all Fragments know well. Mortals die - it is in their very nature to do so, an unbreakable rule breathed into the first Timelines as Genesis set about creating them. It defines them, consumes their lives, drives them to do great things. They are the very methods by which the universe grows and changes, tiny gears bending concepts in novel perspectives and then burning out like millions of tiny candles. That brief existence, the looming spectre of death - ideas that are foreign, utterly and completely, to most Fragments.
For Ferreon, ruminations on his brush with mortality have filled his now-mundane life.
Zeta is gone. The Timeline was ripped apart by Bereave eons ago - once a great burning line of Magninium illuminating dark voidspace like a beacon, dripping with magic and energy and life, the domain of existence, a personal home handcrafted by Genesis. It was torn apart as easily as tissue paper, peeled apart by the ends before bursting and shattering like a ruined party popper. Everything in it died painlessly at once - the smallest of graces - as their existence was unceremoniously snuffed out. A fate that would have befallen Ferreon - the death of a timeless, ageless god - if he had not left to visit the Coalition to request more monitoring stations mere minutes before its demise.
There's nowhere else to go, now. A Fragment is nothing without their Timeline. A Fragment's entire life is their Timeline. And he was gifted one of the most beautiful jewels across voidspace - one of the Original 24, the first ever made, wholly unique and wonderful - and he fumbled it. So he wanders around the Coalition, itching for something to busy idle hands with, sometimes dazed with eyes turned up to the great splattering of voidspace above. And - he tells the story of Zeta to himself, over and over, terrified of forgetting it.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Their circumstances aren't exactly the same - Xi still stands, it's just sealed. But they're similar enough, and the presence of another Originals Fragment who had their Timeline ripped away from them, and is now stuck at the Coalition's headquarters... they keep in touch. They don't have many overlapping hobbies, so it's hard to spend a lot of time together without just - dredging up those feelings of failure to commiserate with - but sometimes it's nice to wallow in self-pity for a bit with someone.
Jubilee is intimidating. Very much so. But he always reached out to Ferreon, continuously, with a sort of determination that almost seemed... untrustworthy? As in - what could the Coalition's most up-and-coming Overseer want with Ferreon? Yet... it always just seemed to end at friends. He just wanted to be friends. And Ferreon's had a front-row seat to Jubilee's rise to power ever since... he understands why other people are so cautious around Joobs, but also - Ferreon can vouch for him. He's a good person. And very fun to play board games with.
They see each other a lot and sometimes chat and catch up if there's nobody bothering Farley at HQ's door for a while. He's very polite and smart and nervous. Sometimes they see each other as Farley's running errands for Jubilee. Those two seem close; it's cute.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
He tries very hard. It's just - awkward. Being the sole Natural never mattered much to Ferreon, and he's spent much more of his life as a Lone Fragment now, so inclusion into Chomyzi's club-attempt-to-get-friends feels... just, awkward. Sorry.
Sometimes he has to wonder - does Aryl actually know how lucky he is? Really, genuinely? He's become so comfortable with Eta being stable, it's practically a given at this point. Like he takes it for granted. Ferreon isn't enough of a mage to tell whether or not Eta would actually be at risk, but he's not unconvinced that Phenyl isn't right somehow... or at least, they should maybe be more respectful of Eta holding itself together for them.
- Occasionally leaves HQ to visit voidspace where Zeta once was and look out over it. The Magnitude Fragments collected the remains of the Timeline, so there's nothing there anymore except the memory.
- On those visits, often also makes time to visit Omicron and Lambda's areas, the other Original Timelines that collapsed. Usually people aren't allowed to approach Lambda due to the shards of the Timeline still there, but exceptions are made specifically for Ferreon. (Like Zeta, Omicron's corpse was taken in by the Mags.)
- Picks up odd small jobs around the Coalition to pass the time. Doesn't have a specific job or tasks, but likes feeling useful so he offers to help out people if he sees they need some.
- Had a brief stint where he tried to act as the Coalition's doorman. Got exhausted after one day and napped for like two weeks to recover.
- People sometimes approach him to try to ask him to speak to Jubilee on their behalf. Says yes because he gets intimidated and then never does it.
- Has written down all the history and people of Zeta he remembers and stored the documents in the Coalition's archive. Tends to clam up if directly asked about it, though, since he doesn't fully trust his memory anymore.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Tops of ears, across muzzle, end of tail, and right leg are darker.
- Both horns come from near-center of head, rather than close to ears.
- Wings on shoulders and as dress trim are fabric, not attached to him.
- Tips of hair are metallic yellow and shiny.
- Feel free to draw him in oversized sleeves.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!