Name: Ery (airy)
Weak. Pathetic. Defective. Inadequate. Not enough. Never enough. Waste of time. Waste of space. Waste of magic. His only worth was to be killed and fed to Ausana.
All accusations and insults that Ery will do anything - has done everything to shake off. He was brought into the world by force, made from a chemical soup of caustic magic harvested from great batteries in the depths of Delta. His sole purpose, programmed into him from bottom up, was to serve the Grand Leader in their conquest of Delta's layers. To stand against their militaries and decimate them flawlessly. And he did so, back-to-back with his other half, Ausana, and together they sliced through the armies of men like paper.
But Ausana was better. Stronger. Ausana was a barely-contained magical supernovae in a robot's body. And Ery couldn't hold a candle to that. Not naturally. But when the whispers started that Ery was a failure, that the Grand Leader was weighing the worth of his magic, he flew into a frenzy of desperation and survival. They had little free time, but he spent it training. They had regimented sparring, but he pushed himself to an extreme. He neglected sleep, pouring over strategy and advice and drills and methods and tips. He honed himself, minute by minute, fueled by fear and spite and resentment. Resentment towards Ausana. For being born perfect. For never putting in any effort. For always smiling at him with that stupid fucking grin, that loving expression, like it wasn't half his fault. For having the audacity to balk, wide-eyed, when Grand Leader monotoned that Ery had surpassed him.
He's stronger now. He's better now. He's the favorite. And it drives him fucking mad, teeth-gritting mad, that Ausana doesn't even care. That Ausana keeps saying, all he wants is to follow Ery around. To be around Ery. To hold his hand. Why doesn't he care? He should care. It should matter to him. It's the only thing that fucking matters in this world. Strength, power, and the ability to utilize it. So why doesn't he care? And why does that make Ery feel so desperate to protect him in turn? To hold him close, cradle his head, to shield Ausana from Delta and war and the Grand Leader and the poison in Ery's mind? Why does he want to lock Ausana in a tiny room and never let him go?
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Half his World.
So many conflicting feelings arise in him at the thought of Ausana. A thought that, admittedly, dominates his mind. They've spent almost every moment of their lives together, from conception of magic to creation of bodies to bloodied battlefield. Even now, they live in a rigid routine that laces them together for every activity. Through it all, Ausana has sat next to him with that wide, sweet-looking smile, held his hand, and whispered in as many words, 'I love you'. He's such a stupid, vapid idiot. A fool who couldn't survive on his own. It makes Ery want to strangle him until he understands, but also grip him close to his chest and snarl at the world equally.
♡♡♡♡♡ Our Grand Leader
The devil they know. The devil that they can work around. Cold, ruthless, stoic, powerful. The similarities between their persona and Ery's is not lost on him. He still resents every comparison. It ignites that undercurrent of anger and spite that fuels him, that makes his hand twitch, his teeth to grit into each other.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
Their most longstanding sparring partner, the cream of the crop. The best in the deepest layer's military academies all enjoy the privilege of being fed to Ausana and Ery as training fodder until they break, but Letry hasn't broken yet. Sometimes, Ery wonders if it's out of a desire to prove themself; othertimes, he's convinced that they pity the duo in some way. Like they want to be a stable force in their lives. Letry is quiet, but not submissive, not broken. The kind of cold resoluteness that Delta beats into everyone of note.
Oh, he's heard of him. Met him once, at an ill-advised Eta party that Grand Leader allowed for 'espionage' and 'understanding' of the void-layer. It was a terrible, insipid, tedious place of debauchery and ignorance. There are plenty of pits like that in Delta, too. It surprises him not at all that a man of Aryl's... caliber... is the head of the void-layer's most popular.
The leader of the COR, though he did not introduce himself as such when they met. No, he sidestepped the idea entirely with the ease of one well-practiced at politics, in a calm and tired voice, going over information and registering Delta and nonsense about 'guardians'. It was only after he was brought up at the Eta party did Ery discover his true identity. In hindsight, though, he should've known. He's all too similar to their Grand Leader in the way he carries himself.
The first outsider they ever met and spoke to - the first other Fragment, the one who noticed them breaking out of Delta's 'Shell' layer. He's probably a fine person, but Ery can't help but resent him for opening the Pandora's box and filling Ausana's head with a litany of stupid ideas.
- Fiddles with his tie as his sole nervous tic, or when he's lost in thought. It's impossible to tell which is which for most people.
- Riddled with scars he refused to let other people heal. At the time, thought the pain made him stronger and "proved" his resilience, but now regrets being stubborn about it. Still too prideful to ask for help, though. The only scar usually visible is the facial one.
- Exceptionally skilled fighter. In one-on-one conflicts, prefers to incapacitate quickly and effectively with as stoic of an exterior as he can manage. Instinct is honed to perfection, often doesn't need to consciously react, just does so. Despite being aware of his own strength, often accidentally kills people he means to only knock unconscious.
- The raw rage comes out if Ausana is being threatened or taken advantage of. Faces are famous enough within Delta that random fights are usually only from overconfident, upset drunks, though.
- Takes the weapons off the people he's killed if they're noteworthy, famous, or made of gold. Has several armories that serve more as collections than anything else. Is trained with any weapon imaginable, but he doesn't need any of them.
- Literally spends every waking moment of free time training in some way. Recontextualizes everything as training. Constantly harassing Ausana to train more with him and chastising him for being lazy or not trying harder. Yes, it's as exhausting as it sounds to be around lol
- Considers making protein shakes his hobby. Likes mixing weirder ones and putting stupid shit in them he shouldn't. He's really embarrassed by how much he enjoys them but Ausana is always very encouraging and tries them, even when they're alcoholic. The boys sitting out there like this in public while everyone in the restaurant gives them a wide berth
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Ery's halo is nearly horizontal. Also note the eyelash shape, and only one wing.
- Jacket somehow always has wind billowing through it.
- Has a scar under right eye and across his muzzle & cheeks.
- Tailtip ends in the same material as horn.
- Colorsplit down face is uneven, but it's even on the rest of the body.
- Catching him without his eyes half-lidded and a frown on his face is exceptionally rare.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!