Name: Czenete (seh-net)
Power is everything in Beta. There is no dancing around this fact - from the struggles of the wars that divvied up the land to the cutthroat, backstabbing politics that replaced the bloodshed, one's life in Beta is defined by which fights they can afford to pick. For Czenete, however, this question is uniquely simple. Blessed with abundant magic from birth, he has always been the most powerful of Beta's Fragments and acted accordingly. He snapped up comfortable, resource-rich regions, pulverized the Frags who opposed him, and settled into a position of comfort and security. The arguments of the other Beta Fragments do not bother him; they can do nothing to topple his monopolies, and they could never work together long enough to be rid of him.
Pleasantly distant from the squabble of the world, his favored hobby is peoplewatching. His disconcerting smile, marked by excessive interest and a keen eye, follows his favored generals and servants as they bustle about their tasks and work. That he enjoys the discomfort wrought by his unending scrutiny is obvious, though he never makes motions to bring any of his underlings to his bed. No, that privilege is reserved for one of his peers - Zirconia, with whom Czenete has had a fascination since birth. Wouldn't it be romantic, the weak little runt under the loving hand of the strongest Beta has to offer? Though he posits the question with a smooth voice and an air of simple intrigue, the intensity and passion flickering in his eyes should be more than enough to give pause.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Beloved Pet
The obsession has been longstanding, eternal. The compulsion to protect him, capture him, mindbreak him, keep him locked in a little room - well, accomplishing that became vastly more difficult after Zirc went and empowered himself through murder, but that did not stem the tide of passion. It took the opening of Theta to soften him enough that Czenete wormed into his heart, but he has always supported Zirc in all endeavours - quietly voting for Zirc's suggestions, covering for him at Eta parties, running interference on the other Betalings. Mmm... it is lovely to finally have all that effort recognized~
They are more similar than it would seem at first glance, much to darling Zirconia's surprise. They bonded when the borders open over some shared interests - namely, his affections towards Zirc, and Vuaria's protectiveness over Mortie. And it is wonderful to speak to another watcher, whose hands are everywhere, whose control is shadowy and absolute - someone who truly understands. Though, Vuaria is considered less of a 'creep' than him, hahah.
Zirc's little pet. A relationship Czenete did not expect nor desired, but he truthfully values Zirc's pleasure more than his possessive impulses. So Aite may stay - so long as he does not break Zirc's heart. If that were to happen - well, Aite knows what Czenete is capable of. It's his choice if he pokes that sleeping bear. Thankfully, his self-preservation is high enough; he'd rather be good than make himself an enemy.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
He knows his place, and knows it well. Discussions with Amira are simple, swift, and dreadfully easy. He has long been a source of safety for Zirc, though, due to his predictability and standoffishness, which pleases Czenete.
Relationship: Gamma Contact
Most Gamma communications go through Mivis in some way or form. He is not quite a polite puppet, but he oft toes the line, especially when Aite's insatiable need to bully weaker individuals rears its head. In either case, he is easy enough to work with.
- Very uncomfortable with showing any skin, partially because of the severe amount of scarring he has from the wars. When he swims, he wears a wetsuit with a swimdress on top.
- Does not like his tail touched. Leave it alone.
- He's got some well-controlled yandere/sadist tendencies buried in his psyche.
- List of kinks is endless. There's basically nothing he's not into.
- Though he's fixated on Zirconia for many years and dealt with many rejections, if he ever felt that he could never gain Zirc's trust, he would've dropped him and picked another one of the Beta Frags to obsess over. The most likely second choice would've been Aite.
- Removes his horns whenever he goes to sleep (Frags have full control over their body's appearance).
- Talks in a calm, collected, deep tone. Not super expressive, usually has eyes half-lidded.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Usually has his hands held together, obscured by the robe's sleeves.
- I'd really prefer you draw him in full "robed" garb, but you can draw him dressed down if you need.
- Main horn is basically a giant circle coming out of the sides of his head.
- He's a bit on the broader side, and very tall.
- Never stops smiling. Doesn't make very extreme poses or expressions.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!