Name: Upon the Cradle of Life
Pronouns: he/him or they/them
The thin, stark line of a towering obelisk cuts through the eternal night of Psi. It looms, stark against the moon, its shadow thrown across every horizon, visible from any vista. The black stone dully shines in the pale light, banners flutter in the quiet breezes, cloaked priests enter and exit the ancient doors at its base. This imposing structure, looming over the Timeline's core, is the abode and temple of Upon the Cradle of Life.
But - haha, that makes him sound so much more ominous!
The decision to build such a tower (pun intended, hehe) was not made lightly. For the obelisk's location, you see, is akin to a knot - where the many ley lines of Psi converge over one another. It allows for one attuned to Psi's magics to meditate in the highest reaches and influence these powerful rivers of ambient magic. His fingers and steady breathing and stray thoughts tend to them, sweetly, and encourage them to bend to his well. They push away natural disasters, they ensure bountiful harvests, they keep the Timeline held together despite the constant batterings of instability it suffers. The obelisk - and Cradle, by extension - are the very lynchpin holding Psi together, even as the poison well thieves all it can from other Timelines.
It's only natural that so much mythology was attached to him. To the mortals underneath him, Cradle is capable of anything and everything - his influence over the Timeline obvious, his power seemingly limitless. That he is a deity that they serve and worship is a given; that he will respond with unnatural grace and kindness is expected. He fills his role well, ever the tender angel, serene and generous. But, in the privacy of closed doors with his peers at his side, the mischief and flirtations comes out in full force.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
♥♥♥♥♥ Milk and Stone, the Tower
His little pet workaholic, Tower. Too self-sacrificing for his own good. You can't stop him, of course - he's stubborn and sneaky, and he's not afraid of underhanded tactics to get what he thinks is best. But - that's why Cradle adores him so much, really. If he hadn't hunted Tower down to pin him against a wall and kiss him, Tower've probably usurped him sooner or later. It's just in his nature to be self-serving and egotistical and dedicated and all those wonderful little things Cradle loves peeling away to nestle with the soft, caring core underneath.
♥♥♥♥♥ Beginnings and Endings
Their stunning Beginnings and Endings. The spark that ignited the Alliance, and a wonderful member of their little Psi group. He is careful, kind, creative, sweet, and caring. In many ways, he is Cradle's kindred spirit - their ideals align, their desires align, their love for Psi and its people align. It's so lovely to have someone else who has that bird's eye perspective on Psi as himself... someone to truly commiserate with, laugh over harmless gossip with, dream about Psi's future with... he's just incredible.
♥♥♥♥♥ Clarity of the Wheel
It cannot be overstated that Clarity is the most hardworking person Cradle's ever known. He's so very diligent, so very wonderful. In a way, they're connected by their connections to mortals - with Clarity being their grounded director, and Cradle their holy leader. That common ground between them... it's an amazing thing. He's so very intelligent, admirable, strong... with very toned arms and very powerful hands....
♥♥♥♥♥ Smudged to Sulfur Horizons
Cradle respects their desire for space. That doesn't stop him from wishing they could be closer, though. Horizons is... wary, of course, of not being privvy to all of Tower and Cradle's machinations. They're delicate... mostly dealings with the Coalition, ensuring Psi's safety. Things he didn't want to burden Horizons with. In hindsight, of course, it only made them feel ostracized. But... maybe they can gently heal those wounds, and show Horizons how much he does mean to Cradle. Especially with the beginnings of the Alliance.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
It's so wonderful to know that he and Tower were the first to welcome Isiell to the world. It's truly magical, helping guide new Fragments, easing them in to everything... and Isiell is so very sharp, aware, and perceptive. He hopes there's a long, wonderful friendship in front of them!
Ah, Aryl. He's sweet, to an extent - he tries very hard, even if there's selfish motivations behind it. The effort he puts in is certainly admirable, if nothing else. Cradle isn't quite interested, though. Apologies.
He bears no spite towards the Coalition. They are busy, that is the end of it. He's only concerned about what they will do when they catch wind of the Alliance... if Jubilee will rally the militia against them, or pull a legal loophole of sorts? It is hard not to be wary.
- He's more of a caregiver type, but he really likes getting massaged by his partners/friends. It's relaxing and he likes getting petted.
- Smells faintly like lavender. Most of the other Psi Frags find the smell in other contexts comforting but can't place why.
- Enjoys leaving little gifts for people to find, like chocolates, notes, or helpful small tools (think like a army knife, a new lighter, stuff that's annoying to remember to rebuy but is useful to have around in a knick-knacks drawer). If he finds out someone's specific preferences, he'll pivot to that (like dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate).
- Morning routine involves reading a newspaper. Loves the newspaper. Loves the news. Enjoys the funnies.
- Not a 100% boomer with technology but struggles to understand any magitech that he wasn't involved in designing. Not a great magic theorist, mostly does stuff by "feel" rather than rigorous study or memorization. Getting him to learn to use a cellie was a nightmare.
- He still doesn't use the cellie for anything and tends to telepathy Tower or Clarity if he needs to tell them something.
- His favorite word is "wonderful".
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- The symbols on the cloak don't have to be exact, feel free to fudge them.
- You can omit any of the jewelry if it's too many details. He preferably keeps the small crown, though.
- Has a white filigree-esque patterning on his face and over his chest.
- Tallest of the Psi Fragments.
- Typically has a smile on his face. Rarely anything else.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!