Name: Beginnings and Endings
Nicknames: Beginnings, Endings (Tower)
A mysterious stranger, of sorts. Most Fragments were born when Genesis and Bereave first split apart, shattering tiny pieces of their magic across voidspace. Some, still, are born from enormous seas of magic, caustic - yet brimming with power. Of these two groups, Beginnings falls awkwardly into the latter, though the ocean he emerged from raises many an eyebrow: the theiving, garbage-filled poison well of Psi, the dumping ground for the material it steals from other Timelines. Such a strange birth, so long after the Originals' foundations, has concerned the COR, wondering if Beginnings is actually from another Timeline - and was merely stolen away to Psi with amnesia, as it is wont to do.
But the people and Fragments of Psi have accepted Beginnings diligently as one of them, defending him from the COR and arguing his place among them. What place might that be, however? He arrived, bright-eyed and a wallflower, to peers that had already sequestered themselves into groups, had formed solid cliques, had established dynamics and teasing and injokes and lives and history. When he stared at his fellow Psi Fragments, he at first felt only separate - finding distance, picking over similarities, staring and trying to understand them. But as their protection of him never faltered, and his own identity solidified, Beginnings conceptualized and embraced the idea that he was pulled from Psi's heart - the very core of the Timeline - to express its innermost desires, desires that it could not articulate without a mouth to speak and hands to hold. For, those desires were simple: to love and cherish its Fragments, who had put up with its antics and strangeness and loved it all the same. And so the wallflower gradually blossomed, becoming more outspoken, more upbeat, more optimistic, more friendly - brimming with nothing but adoration for his fellows.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
♥♥♥♥♥ Smudged to Sulfur Horizons
Relationship: Best Friend ♥
The one who pulled him out of the ocean. The first hand he ever held, the first person his eyes ever saw. There's a special connection there. It feels... very sappy to say that! But it's true. He loves Horizons. A lot. It's hard to get his words around how much. He cherishes every night they spend out on the sea together.
♥♥♥♥♡ Milk and Stone, the Tower
Relationship: Friends! With Benefits!
He's still a little intimidated by Tower. Is that the right word? It's hard to say. Tower's a lot - bright halo, sharp teeth, larger than life. But he's still just a person, underneath all that glamour. He even gets... flustered! It's... it's nice to be able to fluster him. To give him a hug and feel him wrap his arms back around! And he's really demure when he's flirted with.
♥♥♥♥♡ Clarity of the Wheel
Relationship: Friends!! With Benefits!!
A very admirable leader, in summation. There's no situation he can't handle. He's really amazing in that sort of way; it's so relaxing to be told an order by Clarity and then just... get to do it. A moment of shutting his brain off and trusting Clarity's judgment and wisdom. Which is why Beginnings has taken it upon himself to make sure Clarity is getting sleep, food, breaks... he would never tear Clarity away from work, but maybe he needs some moons' shine every once in a while.
♥♥♥♥♡ Upon the Cradle of Life
Relationship: Friends! (Too intimidating to have Benefits.)
A beautiful angel. Being in their presence makes Beginnings feel inadequate. But since he's started making moves towards the other Psi Frags, he and Cradle have... come to an understanding, of sorts? He didn't realize the invitations to lunch were Cradle making time to chat about the others and bond over their shared affection for them until the fourth week, but it hit him like a train when it did. Cradle... thinks of him as an equal? Those are such exhilirating words...!
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
- Is he actually a part of Psi come alive, or has he deluded himself? That's for you to discern, dear reader.
- Likes humming to himself when doing menial tasks around Psi. The tunes are entirely made-up.
- Collects little wooden sculptures of animals. Insets gemstones into their eyes.
- Has gotten really good at massaging.
- Still sometimes forgets to wear clothes if he's changing and gets distracted by a conversation. Tower keeps pulling this on him.
- Totally unfazed by blood, gore, death. Acts pretty desensitized to most things, actually.
- He was only "three-fourths made" when Horizons pulled him out of Psi's oceans, per Tower's guess. The Psi Fragments stabilized him by injecting him with their own magic - primarily Tower's.
- Gotten into the habit of pulling Tower around by the wing or halo when he wants to show him something.
- Usually sleeps in someone else's bed, typically Clarity's. He gets lonely at night :(
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Has four horns - two on top of head, two on side.
- Left half of body is nearly white, right half is grayish. Split is right down the middle, freckles across both sides.
- The red edges of his shirt and moon symbol are a slightly shiny texture.
- Shortest Psi Frag by a, uh, margin.
- Can be either quiet and reclusive, or upbeat and almost... motherly? I guess?
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!