Name: Ausana (aw-sauna)
"Born Perfect"? Well... maybe. It's hard to deny the jealous looks of his sparring partners, the awed stares of the scientists that monitored he and Ery as they came to life. Off the charts. Highest base magic pool they'd ever seen. Their instruments weren't strong enough to read it. Grand Leader's eye twitched - once - in the shadows of that hospital room. A 'magical supernovae' barely-contained in a robot's body, so they say. A title he could live up to without effort.
A title that tortured Ery nearly to death.
Ausana's not stupid. Not really. The people who assume he is swallow their words quick enough. Every time he turns the other cheek when Ery gets violent, smiles and teases when he tenses up, reaches to fit Ery's hand into his perfectly, it is done with complete deliberate intent and understanding. There's just no judgment in his body for Ery, no competition towards him, no reason to indulge in discordance. He knows Ery's suffering, struggling, needs someone who will love him unconditionally. And, well, Ausana loves him unconditionally. It's as simple as that. They're together forever, made for each other, the same person split in half. He loves Ery - for who he is, for everything about him. For those little snarls, those chidings of not training enough, that frustration that Ausana doesn't value drilling, for the little side glances when he's embarrassed, for the way he squeezes Ausana's hand back lovingly. All things to adore.
Though... with the new world before them, the void-layer and all it entails... it's hard not to get lost in fantasies of what it could be like out there. What kind of lives could they live, beyond the influence of their Grand Leader? It's such an intoxicating idea, to live as just themselves, somewhere far away, hand-in-hand. Can you blame him?
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Half the World <3
He loves Ery. It's as simple as that. He'll be there, dutifully at his side, until the end of the world. They're one and the same, a single person sheared unfairly in half. To be apart from him would be like giving up half of himself. Sure, he can be abrasive, needling, angry. But it doesn't bother Ausana, not really. It's easy to take it in stride - understanding the underlying meaning behind whatever Ery says or does, and not taking offense when he can't articulate something softer. Just unconditional love.
♡♡♡♡♡ Our Grand Leader
He'll pass on discussing Our Grand Leader, thank you. Sorry for the inconvenience, but surely you understand, right?
Letry has been such a strange point of stability for them since they showed up, fresh from the academy. They've never had a sparring partner last so long... physically, mentally, both. But Letry has always been determined to be there for them. To be a nice presence in their lives. It's a very sweet sentiment. If only it worked on Ery a little better, haha!
They still haven't met in person. But Odynia was so kind and understanding when Ausana reached out on the UFFB forum. He can't talk nearly as much as he'd like to Odynia, but he still tries to send a message to him as often as he can. It's nice to catch up with someone on the other side, who's been teaching him about everything and hyping him up and reassuring him that - it can be better. That beyond Delta is better. The support is more meaningful than he can articulate, at times.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
They speak to each other a lot less than Ausana does to Odynia, but he enjoys seeing Quale's antics on the UFFB now that he's settled in more. At first, it was a little hard to grasp that teasing kind of humor - wouldn't the other posters take offense? - but, in a way, it broadened his horizons, and opened him up to different perspectives, to see how Quale could bounce off of total strangers without seeming like a jerk. In a way, it's a bit inspirational for Ausana's own impish streak.
He was nice. So very overpowering. The Eta espionage didn't go as Grand Leader wanted, but being in a place like Eta - with strange and unfamiliar sights and smells and magic, and strong drinks and flirting and - well, Ery didn't like him one bit. Bristled like a furious cat when Aryl's hand trailed under Ausana's dress, and that was the end of the spy mission. But it was nice - no, exhilirating! - to have met Aryl. An Originals Fragment who had a Timeline so safe and stable that he could throw parties and invite offworlders! Maybe he could get Ery to visit again with him sometime, once they've... moved past Delta a little. Hopefully.
It was hard to get a good read on him. He was - enigmatic, stoic. A proper politician, like their Grand Leader. But he didn't have the same... bite to him. Only exhaustion and overwork. Ery had called it a farce; a pretend at being just a tired little senator. It seemed more genuine than that to Ausana, though it's hard for him to put a finger on why....
The one who told them of Fragments, of the void-layer, of the Coalition, of everything. The progenitor of such wild fantasies, beyond Ausana's furthest imaginations. He knows they were just some nobody - he's looked them up on the Internet, dove down rabbitholes, talked to him on sockpuppets. But he's still warm and grateful at the thought of Verrassing, at the brief touch of their unique lives that sent Ausana spiralling off into a whole new direction.
- Won't leave Delta without Ery, despite everything. Ery won't leave Delta. Stalemate of the century.
- Used to hum lullabies to Ery every night to help him sleep. He hasn't needed them in a long while, but Ausana still hums the melodies when they're doing busywork.
- Much more mischievous than Ery, and liable to play very small pranks on their sparring partners or domestic staff. Knows better than to punch up, unfortunately.
- One of the highest-tier Fragments, magically. Can't actually approach Mag levels (they're fundamentally a different thing than Frags) but he's near the top of the Frag ladder.
- Doesn't like eating out at restaurants, or being seen eating in public. Feels uncomfortable and overly seen, like everyone's staring at him. Ery being there alleviates the anxiety, especially if Ausana is sitting in a booth next to the wall and Ery is beside him in the aisle.
- Has an alternate identity as the 'Threadweaver' to rescue people who are planned to be culled by Grand Leader. Conjures new memories, names, lives, and careers for them, then mindwipes them of the details of their meeting/place and sends them on their new way.
- Most of his and Ery's work nowadays is hunting specific people Grand Leader wants killed. In essence, assassins. It's hard to admit but Ausana kind of misses the grand battlefields, because that was easier and required less planning/prep/espionage than checking names off the list.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Ausana's halo is nearly vertical. Also note the eyelash shape, and only one wing.
- Is the same height as Ery, but usually slouches a little to look smaller.
- Tailtip ends in the same material as horn.
- Colorsplit down face is uneven, but it's even on the rest of the body.
- Smiles a lot. When happy, nervous, uncertain, and scared alike. He thinks his emotions are obvious but he's a bigger sneak than he looks.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!