Name: Aryl (air-ull)
Bright lights, strong drinks, flashy festivals, and a whisper of safety welcome all who enter hallowed Eta. For - unlike the rest of its peers, the Original 24 Timelines, Eta is uniquely stable, thanks in part to a mysterious and enormous magic circle created by Xylyl in a trance. And, in turn, Aryl has reaped the benefits of this circle - inviting the other Fragments to Eta's doors to assail them with parties and celebrations, excuses to spend time with them, to indulge in wanton hedonism.
And though upbeat and generous at first glance, anyone who spends more than an hour around Aryl can quickly tell that these behaviors draw from a kind of desperate placation: that, at his deepest core, Aryl truly believes that if he memorizes their desires, anticipates their every wish, slaves over their preferences, provides endlessly with the extensive bounty of Eta - they won't have a real reason to leave him. Loneliness drives him with a whip, a deep well of it sitting ugly under a thin veneer of showmanship and hospitality. He fills his empty hours with mortals drunk off magic and drugs, who cling to his presence for power and security - but he longs to feel his fellows, other original Fragments, at his side, warm and comfortable and slightly undressed.
But those with a critical eye may note that Aryl's personality is shallow as a puddle - that the only things he knows how to provide are physical comforts, empty platitudes... terrified of challenging or offending others and pushing them away, Aryl keeps his true cards close to his chest. But for the Originals, uniquely burdened with trauma beyond measure, the inability to meaningfully connect to Aryl leaves a deep canyon between them. For some, they are willing to bridge it for a short time - enjoy what he offers, take their suffering off their mind. But none stay - and so tortured does Aryl remain, the isolated master of the gilded cage.
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Beloved Pet?
Oh, keep it a dear secret, but perhaps he loves Phenyl more deeply than Xylyl. Phenyl... needs someone to take care of him. He's so self- destructive, dresses like a homeless bum and drinks away his stress - when Aryl's arms have always been wide open and loving. He glows when he's home with Aryl - in a nice, tailored dress shirt, a soft eyepatch over his scar, full of healthy good food and drink. And yet, like clockwork, Aryl will awake to a cold bed and a broken window lock - and he can only mournfully stare out across the capital, hoping to Genesis that Phenyl's still safe out there.
Relationship: I wanna ruin our friendship...
It's hard to drag Xylyl away from his research. It's not that Aryl doesn't appreciate that he's trying to understand the circle, no - he's well aware of the implications should Xylyl finally crack its code - but... would it be so bad to wake up warm in Aryl's bed, with a plate of loveberry cupcakes on the nightstand and a steaming cup of salted sea flower tea? Xylyl at least doesn't snap at him when Aryl comes to whisk him away for a break, but the breaks are just never quite long enough....
Relationship: Best Friend
Ochre!!! His kindred spirit! His dearest friend outside of Eta! Every time he steps foot in the penthouse, Aryl clears his schedule for the next week and lets himself simply - let go, and indulge in Ochre's company. His bright ideals! His invigorating smiles! His bold dances! His quickfire jokes! His gentle and calm little breathing when he curls up, head in Aryl's nap, and finally exhales all his stress and needs and just relaxes... it's wonderful to have him over. <3
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
Poor Chomyzi has been dealt a raw hand - with the unique instability of Epsilon, and being its only Natural Fragment to boot. He needs someone to help care for him and comfort him, to listen to him speak about his struggles, to take his mind off of his perpetual work. Aryl can't help but ask him - would it be so bad to stay? Would it be so bad to let his mortals rot, and to put himself first for once? Would it be so wrong to choose happiness instead? ...But Chomyzi never answers.
Oh! He'd had no idea Auroza was xX1LoveLetters1Xx - but only became even more elated upon discovering his true identity. Imagine that! Another Original, one who willingly reached out to him for years! It's a shame Auroza didn't tell him before... Aryl could've helped him open Theta's borders and he could've visited Eta sooner! Or, um, at all. Well, besides that, he's a lovely, sweet person with wonderful ideals and an adorable, charming smile!
Relationship: So CUTE!
Stars. STARS! A new Fragment of the Originals! So bright and intelligent, and an excellent resonater! So talented and curious! Oh, Aryl has so many wonderful things to show you, Isiell! He hopes you visit again, there's so much he could share... so many wonderful things to watch you experience!
When Aryl discovered Izallvor was interested in moving permanently out of Mu, he made sure to explicitly offer a home for him in Eta. Unfortunately, Izallvor (correctly) noted this was a poor plan, as Feyrisx would find him right away - and he didn't trust Aryl that much, anyways. It hasn't stoped Aryl from offering continually, though, or letting him stay the night after parties or vacations.
Relationship: Friendly... Could be Closer....
He wishes they were closer... he was so excited to welcome Beginnings into the fold of the Originals, but the other Psi Fragments are so very overprotective of him... he understands why - the COR has had so many invasive questions, surely! - but, don't they trust Aryl to take care of him...?
A handsome man from a handsome Timeline! Gorgeous horns on him, have you seen them? Bright halo, too, and those eyes! Asa is a stunning, walking work of art, and he carries himself in just the same way - all lights and beauty and poise. He's almost too much to bear, sometimes, stricken in his shadow!
Relationship: Friendly! Probably!
Aryl's not one to judge, he promises, he just - why would Feyrisx want to live in Mu? Doesn't he find it stressful to be the person it all falls back on to manage? He doesn't even come to most of the parties Aryl throws. At least Izallvor talks about him when he visits....
♥♥♡♡♡ Milk and Stone, the Tower
He trusts Tower. He does. Tower's never been one for violence or threats or even insults. But... there's just something off about him. Concerningly so. Aryl hopes he knows what he's doing with this Alliance of his - not that he was ever very fond of the COR, but... why is Psi doing this, now of all times?
Relationship: We could be friends....
It's such a shame Zirconia keeps his distance so much. Aryl's sure there's - there's certainly a good explanation for... what he did. Was he scared? Was it in self-defense? Maybe all Zirconia needs is someone to take care of him. And Aryl can provide that! He promises....
- Throws a lot of huge parties that he invites all the other Original Frags to. Not everyone comes, tragically.
- Enjoys burning incense enchanted with minor mind-altering magic that makes it an aphrodisiac.
- Drinks wine, whiskey, and absinthe; also does drugs (all of them) (not at once) (probably).
- Has an insane hidden talent in chemistry, though he's not aware of it. Talks about the chemical composition of stuff like everyone would know what the words mean.
- Has invented a lot of Frag medicines, drugs, and alcohols. Never sold the patents for money, though; willingly handed over the recipes to the Coalition.
- Legitimately a good businessman, but is mostly riding on investments nowadays.
- Fucking loves it when people come up with nicknames for him. Even the mean ones, most of the time.
- Usually likes lounging around in silk robes, only dresses up for business.
- Phenyl is definitely his favorite, but don't tell the others. Is constantly being reminded of him by various little trinkets, clothes, and treats loves buying them as gifts for whenever he wrangles Phenyl next.
- Speaks with a very mild stutter. It becomes more aggressive when he gets nervous or excited.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Usually has subtle bags under his eyes unless he's throwing a big celebration (then magically hides them).
- Has a splatter of slightly darker green over his muzzle and end of tail.
- Feel free to change the color of his jacket, he has a million and they all sparkle. Swaps out bowtie color to match.
- Tailtip ends in an ivoric sickle, same material as his horns.
- Grand poses work, like he's a host for a game show or something.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!