Name: Aenoxa (aey-nox-ah)
Many look upon the sentient Timeline Mu in disgust and horror. Their eyes, enraptured in revulsion, glide over its masses of flesh and blood, nausea churning at the thought of the gore and bones and organs that make it up. A Timeline is a thing of magic, land, water, sky, not... this perversion. To that, Aenoxa only smiles, folds his hands over his lap, and waits for the naysayers to make themselves scarce. Or, even better, to fall prey to Mu's overprotective and eager hunger.
For Aenoxa loves Mu, deeply and wholly. The way it swallows intruders whole? Adorable, incredible! Aenoxa always craves a front seat. The way it gurgles crops up from deep within its earth and selflessly provides for its mortals? Beautiful, wonderful! Aenoxa is first to clap for its efforts. So what if he especially enjoys watching it consume threats? So what if he likes it a little more than neccessary when it bites and tears, shreds and digests? Invaders, attackers, outsiders - they all deserve the same fate in Aenoxa's eyes. So what if it's a fate he particularly enjoys watching? It's not like he encourages Mu to eat its own people (the horror!) or deliberately brings in outsiders (how illegal!). Are you really going to judge him for loving his homeland? For loving what it does, what it's capable of, how it keeps him secure?
After all, wouldn't it be best if the people of Mu were already predisposed to sadism and gore? Ooh! Sorry! Did he say sadism? Ignore that, please! Think nothing of it! And you'll politely turn your head while he pulls up a chair and a knife to see how the newest polyps are developing, won't you?
Click on the headshot to be taken to their profile (if it exists).
Relationship: Safety, Security, Certainty
Oh, sweet Mu... isn't it such a darling? So diligent! So enchanting! It never slips, and dines only on the knowledge that its people love it in turn! To think - a Timeline invested in its own existence, in its own people! It does everything and anything for them, and asks for nothing in return! The COR could take a leaf or two, couldn't they? Or, well, they couldn't - they can't hold a match to the flame of Mu, of course. Can anything, really?
Well... just between you and him, he's a little envious of Feyrisx. Anyone would be! Mu is infatuated, adores Fey like he brought it to life and gave it reason to exist. It's not undeserved, mind, Fey really is just that kind of radiant person. He's everything, everywhere, everyhow, capable of doing it all and doing it well. And he's humble, hardworking, confident, and self-assured... really, a dreamguy. Aenoxa gets why Mu went for him. Could anyone else live up to those expectations?
Oh, sure, Mu isn't for everyone. But to be born of it and disparage it? Hmph. That's a page too far in Aenoxa's book. Why spurn their great gift? Inverse to all other Fragments, their Timeline wants to protect them! Isn't that wonderful? Even among the Originals, they're wholly unique and sheltered and cherished... and Izallvor only finds things disgusting about it. Well, never let it be said Aenoxa has given up on anyone; he'll get Izallvor situated right as rain! ...Eventually.
Click to View Minor Relationships ⮟
Relationship: The Local Playboy
Oh, sweet Aryl makes the very occasional trip to Mu, and his discomfort is written all over his face. But he talks a good talk about loving all of the Originals, Mu included! And he flirts, and tries to ignore Mu's millions of eyes boring into him. He's much more relaxed in Eta, though even that is a tall order from a man so engaged in predicting the actions of others. He's cute enough for a night or two, but definitely not one to settle down with.
He only appears in Mu to cause problems that stem from his own, unrelated problems. It's a shame that Feyrisx won't let Mu consume him whole, like a little treat. It's not as if Epsilon is ever getting better, and honestly, it'd do everyone a favor if Chomyzi was dead and rotting. At least Mu would put his fucking magic to use. Oooh, sorry! Don't mind him, hehe.
- Has specifically asked Mu to tell him when it senses invaders so he can go watch them being subsumed. Doesn't invite outsiders himself, though, that'd get him in trouble with the COR.
- Usually the one mortals talk to for help or assistance getting Mu in order, as Feyrisx is busy. He's nice to them - they're from Mu, after all!
- The flower pinned on his shawl is made out of (living) flesh. It bleeds if it's crushed or sliced.
- Harbors intense agoraphobia. Within Mu, it's managable (Mu itself helps, often providing an umbrella or canopy) but it worsens to crippling when outside of Mu.
- What's under the eyepatch? It's best if you don't ask.
Click the reference image to the right for fullsize.
- Mace on end of tail is same material as horns.
- Left eye should never be shown - don't remove the eyepatch.
- Often wears wraps and bandages under sleeves.
- Legs like a raptor, same as the other Mu Frags.
- Should always look friendly/smiley. Can look ominously cheerful.
Generic Anatomy Notes
- Muzzles are small and boxy, and they don't have a kitty or dog nose.
- Eyes can be stylized as you'd normally draw.
- Please note that they have four fingers and three toes.
- If the character has glasses, don't omit them!